Things You Need to Know

Financial Support as a Care Leaver from the Leaving Care Service

 We will try and help you financially if you are eligible for this financial support in a similar way to how parents would support their own children.  Our help includes:-

  • 1 years TV License
  • A £1,500 Leaving Care Grant which you can use between the ages of 18-25 to buy furniture, white goods and furnishings for your accommodation
  • 1 years Contents insurance
  • 1 removal Van move
  • A £2000 Bursary if you go to University
  • The Leaving Care Service will help you apply for grants from organisations like the Princes Trust or the Buttle Trust if there are things that you need that you cannot afford
  • The cost of storage for furniture before or after a move
  • Help with the cost of college, work or interview clothes or equipment for college or work.
  • Emergency financial support if there is a problem with your income (for example if your benefits are delayed or if you have unexpected expenses)