Some Useful Information

If there is something worrying you, something that makes you feel unsafe and is making you unhappy, there are lots of people who will listen to you and try to help.

Children’s Social Care Team – To talk to your Social Worker or a Manager. If you haven’t got much credit you can ask someone to call you back.

Call 01344 352 020

Emergency Duty Team – This service provides emergency Social Work outside normal office hours. 

Available 5pm to 9am weekdays, 24hrs on weekends and bank holidays

Call 01344 786 543

Independent Reviewing Officers (IRO’s) – To speak to your IRO call  

Call 01344 351 289

Child Participation Development Officer – For information on Participation, Independent Advocacy or Independent Visitors

Call 01344 351 546 or Call or Text 07825 682 524

Specialist Nurse Looked After Children  07736 723683

Complaints Officer – To complain about something you’re not happy with

Call 01344 351 737

For Independent Advice and Advocacy

Action for Children

Call 01635 873 739

Coram Voice

Call 0808 800 5792 (Freephone Helpline) or 020 7833 5792

National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS)

Call 0808 808 1001 (Freephone helpline Mon-Friday 9am – 8pm),

Saturday 10am – 4pm


Other organisations

Become give help and advice to any child looked after or a care leaver. 

Advice Line 0800 023 2033

Kooth is a FREE, anonymous, confidential website for young people 11yrs and over

Help at hand

If you’re a young person in care or a care leaver and need advice or support.

Phone us free on

0800 528 0731

Email us at

Become give help and advice to any child looked after or a care leaver. 

Advice Line 0800 023 2033

Catch 22

Catch22 is committed to ensuring that care leavers have access to the best possible life chances when making the transition from the care system to independence.  They have also provided the National Care Advisery Service (NCAS) for 10 years, offering advice and information on leaving care and a benchmarking service to local authorities. 


Want to find out more about CAFCASS and the family courts?  You can go to this web page to learn about what happens and who you will meet.

The National Children’s Bureau (NCB)

The National Children’s Bureau (NCB) is a leading children’s charity that for 50 years has been improving the lives of children and young people, especially the most vulnerable.

The Childrens Commissioner for England and her team make sure adults in charge listen to children and young people. If you are a child or young person who lives away from home or who receives social care, you can contact them for advice or assistance,

0800 528 0731 

email Specially designed by children in care for children in care. It gives lots of information and advice about being in care.

A National Voice is an organisation run by young adults who have experienced being in care.

Call 0161 237 5577

Ofsted inspect organisations working with children and young people to make sure they are doing what they should be

Call 0300 123 1231

[X]PRESIONZ – Information and advice for young people in Bracknell Forest

Childline is a free 24hour helpline for children and young people in the UK. You can call the helpline any time day or night about any problem. It’s confidential so they won’t tell anyone about your call unless you ask them to or you are in danger

Call 0800 1111


ThinkUknow will give you information about websites and internet safety

FRANK – Free, confidential drugs advice